Effective April 1, 2020
- What information we collect and how it is collected;
- How we use the information;
- With whom we may share information;
- Legal basis for processing the information;
- Your rights and choices;
- Security and storage of the information;
- Third party websites;
- Users outside the United States;
- California Disclosures;
- Nevada Disclosures; and
- Changes to the Policy and Contact Information.
Throughout this document, we will use a few terms to describe various roles. MoviesTogether Members have signed up to use our service and created an account. MoviesTogether Users are people who are viewing the site and have not registered and created an account with us.
Information We CollectWe collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Platform. We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you including from publicly available sources. In order to help you protect yourself and your information, we encourage you to provide only that information that is necessary for using our Platform. MoviesTogether is not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
Information You Provide Voluntarily
- Name, Email and Postal Code. When a MoviesTogether User comes to MoviesTogether.org to register on the site, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, email address and postal code, your preferences for notification.
- Log & Device data. When you use MoviesTogether, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Other Web Site Analytics Services. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices below), we use third party service providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and user interactions services to MoviesTogether in connection with our operation of our Platform, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors MoviesTogether. You may opt-out of Google Analytics’ cookies using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.
How We Use Your InformationWe may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide the MoviesTogether Service. We will use your information to provide our Platform and services to you; to manage your account; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the MoviesTogether Site and the service are working properly. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about the MoviesTogether site or product features or other news about MoviesTogether or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time. Visit the Your Rights and Choices section below. For MoviesTogether Users who have not opted into and registered on our MoviesTogether Site, please be assured that we do not use the email addresses that you enter through email invitations to send any type of direct marketing.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offering and other important service related notices, such as changes to the Policy or about security or fraud notices.
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites. See Your Rights and Choices below.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. We will use your information to protect our rights and interests as well as the rights and interests of our users and any other person, as well as to enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
With Whom We May Share Your InformationWe do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this Policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We will share information we collect about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. We may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, to provide customer service and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We require our Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the personal information that we provide to them secure. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business Transfers. We (and/or our service providers) may engage in a merger, acquisition, spin-off, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. In such transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If we (and/or our service providers) are acquired by or merged with another company, if we (or they) sell or transfer a business unit or assets to another company, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur.
- Aggregate or De-identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing Your InformationWe rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may use your personal information as described in this Policy subject to your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our office address below. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Please see Your Rights and Choices below for more information on opt-outs.
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information of MoviesTogether Members and MoviesTogether Users, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to provide our Platform and services and to improve our services and the content on our Platform. We process information on behalf of our customers who have legitimate interests in operating their businesses. We may use technical information as described in this Policy and use personal information for our marketing purposes consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
- Account. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information. We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you Services, contact us at email@example.com or the address set forth at the end of this Policy. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the opt-out link contained in the email itself or contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Cookies. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Third Party Analytics Services. Some of the services used provide the ability to opt-out. You may opt-out of Google Analytics’ services using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.
The Google Analytics service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out from Google Analytics service from using your information by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser tool: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: www.google.com/policies/privacy.
- Additional Rights. Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Security and Storage of InformationWe have taken reasonable steps to help protect the personal information we collect. These measures include using SSL encryption. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information in all circumstances. We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
Third-Party LinksOur Platform may contain links to third-party websites and applications. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices), we may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on our websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites and applications is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites or applications. Our application and database servers are located with service providers in the United States. If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, Canada or another jurisdiction outside of the United States with laws and regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be aware that information we collect (including through the use of methods such as cookies and other web technologies) will be processed and stored in the United States or in other countries where we or our third-party services providers have operations. By submitting your personal information to BOXOFFICE and using MoviesTogether, you expressly consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States or another jurisdiction which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
California and Nevada Disclosures
- California Information-Sharing Disclosure. Under California law, California residents may, in a verifiable consumer request, ask us for a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories and pieces of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. Under California law, California residents have the right to request us to delete your personal information, except that we may retain such information for purposes permitted by California law.
- Nevada Information-Sharing Disclosure. Nevada residents may request a list of all third parties (other than our subcontractor data processors) with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a Nevada resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
- Small Business Exemption. While we may take steps to comply with particular laws, we reserve our rights to assert an applicable exemption from such laws and any policies adopted for compliance with such laws.